Sunday, January 07, 2007

Welcome to NYC Diners - Past and Present

This Blogger will make it easier for anyone checking out my documentation attempt of diners in New York City. Feel free to comment about any diners you remember, any diners that you have visited, that I do not have listed, or anything else relevant to the topic.

I will do my best to post once every other month, at the least, to keep people aware of any updates to the pages. Future projects could include Nassau and Suffolk Counties to the east and Westchester County to the north. If you are interested in helping out with this part, please leave a message.

-Mike Engle
www.nydiners.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The diner listed below is now gone. The site is now a branch of HSBC. Another one bites the dust as Rockaway transforms itself.


Rockaway Beach Sunset Diner
116-11 Beach Channel Drive, Rockaway Beach
718-634-8506
DeRaffele reno 2001

Anonymous said...

There is the Omega Diner, 1809 Lakeville Rd., New Hyde Park 11040
516-354-4666 Remake DeRaffele 1991
Alive and kicking!

Lorraine Smyth said...

My stepdad's parents owned a diner on Flatbush Avenue I believe it was during the 30' sand 40's. It was called Carlin's Airway Diner.

It was located at the end of Flatbush Avenue where Floyd Bennet Field is/was. It had a plane atop the building.

My daughter is named for her grandfather Christopher C. Carlin. I had the menu from the diner framed with a photo of the place and other shops in Brooklyn that were owned by the Carlin family. I believe it was a liquor store and a pie shop.